Monday 25 May 2015

Drogba Set to Leave Chelsea As Manchester Releases Falcao after Loan Ends


Thirty-seven year - old Chelsea striker Didier Drogba announced on Sunday that that the premier league match against Sunderland would be his last as a Chelsea player.

According to Drogba, "I have no plans to retire from football yet. I just want to leave stanford bridge to pursue my career in another club". 

The striker returned to the club last summer on a one-year deal and helped win a fourth Premier League title.

“I want to play for at least one more season and in order to play more football I feel I need to go to another club,” Drogba said on the club’s website.

“All the fans know my love for Chelsea and I hope to be back here in the future in another role.”

Speaking to Sky Sports ahead of Sunday’s game, he added, “I spoke with the manager and the board and we all agreed that as I wanted to enjoy a bit more the pitch, they will let me go.

“I will always come back here. It is good to know the club want me to come back and be part of the future of this team. I am happy how we found this solution.”

Meanwhile, Manchester United have confirmed Radamel Falcao will return to AS Monaco following his season-long loan spell with the club.

The striker joined the Reds on transfer deadline day in September, initially on a temporary basis with an option to make the move permanent.

However the Colombian failed to discover the form which made him one of the most feared forwards in world football and managed just four goals in his 29 appearances for United.


Louis van Gaal paid tribute to the 29-year-old’s professionalism during his time at the club.

Van Gaal told United's official website: "Falcao is a top professional and a good human being. On behalf of myself and everyone at the club I would like to wish him well for the future."

Falcao is unlikely to be the only player to depart Old Trafford this summer as Van Gaal attempts to construct a squad capable of challenging for the Premier League title next season

No comments:

Post a Comment